[oXygen-user] Mac java version

Sorin Ristache
Mon Jul 16 01:58:51 CDT 2007

Hello,

Mac OS 10.5 was not officially released yet so oXygen does not
officially support it. The NullPointerException that stops oXygen on Mac
OS 10.5 with Java 1.5 is caused by a bug in the Apple Java 1.5 virtual
machine. If the Java team from Apple will not fix this bug in the Java
1.5 virtual machine that will be shipped with the official Mac OS 10.5
we will try to find a workaround in oXygen code. If you can report this
bug to the Apple Developer Connection maybe they will fix it faster. The
stacktrace of the NullPointerException is the following and it should
not happen when JComponent.getFontMetrics() is called:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:336)
     at java.awt.Component.getFontMetrics(Component.java:2494)
     at javax.swing.JComponent.getFontMetrics(JComponent.java:1589)

As you already know from this list you can run oXygen 8.2 with Java
1.4.2 on Mac OS 10.5 beta without problems.