[oXygen-user] Setting up and using Catalogs for XSD-Based Documents

W. Eliot Kimber
Thu Jan 25 14:02:04 CST 2007

W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
> W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
>> I'm trying, pretty much for the first time, to configure Oxygen 8.1 to
>> use a catalog to resolve noNamespaceSchemaLocation= values.
>
> Actually, I noticed that I don't get any catalog-related messages until
> I open a document that points directly to my scheme via a local URL.

This is totally user error: I should have been using system entries
rather than public entries.

[But in fact now that I think back on it, I remember now that there is a
design bug in how Xerces implements catalog resolution in that they use
their entity resolution framework to resolve URIs for schemas, which is
just wrong. However this behavior is so deeply embedded in the code that
it would be very difficult to change it without a serious refactoring.
In addition, they provide no way to do automatic recursive resolution of
URIs via a catalog, which the catalog spec clearly says you should do or
at least enable via your catalog resolution API.]

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber