[oXygen-user] Replace Java help with Windows help

Sorin Ristache
Wed Feb 28 09:44:25 CST 2007

Dear list members,

For the Windows install kit of oXygen we consider replacing the Java
help bundle which is opened by pressing the F1 key or by going to menu
Help -> Help with a native Windows bundle (a CHM file) with the same
content. Of course the F1 key will continue to open the bundle at a
specific help page. We would like to remove the Java help jar file from
the Windows installation and replace it with the CHM file instead of
including both the jar file and the CHM file. This avoids increasing the
size of the Windows install kit. Without the Java help jar file the
Dynamic Help View does not work any more as it loads the help pages that
it must display from this jar file. Do you think that removing the
Dynamic Help View from oXygen on Windows is an acceptable price for
replacing the Java help dialog with a native Windows help package?