[oXygen-user] Moving Elements in the Outline View : How To Move Nested Element Out

Eliot Kimber
Tue Dec 18 16:44:01 CST 2007

I'm using Author mode to edit some long HTML documents.

I've run into the situation where I want to move a nested element out of
its wrapper element and make it a sibling of the wrapper.

For example, consider this starting state:

I want to take the "Level 3" div and move it so it is the sibling
following the "Level 2" div.

Using the outline view, I can grab the inner div but when I try to move
it past its containing div, nothing happens.

Is this possible to do with the outline view? I haven't noticed any
other particularly convenient way to do this sort of structural rearranging.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber