[oXygen-user] New user: unicode editing

Sorin Ristache
Tue Sep 19 03:28:45 CDT 2006

Hello,

Unicode characters can be inserted in the edited document using the
Character Map tool available on the Tools menu. It allows you to select
one of the available fonts, it displays all the characters covered by
the selected font and it allows you to insert Unicode characters in the
document and to copy them to the clipboard for a future paste operation.
You can read about this tool in the User Manual:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/editing-documents.html#unicode-toolbar

You can find and replace any Unicode character using the Find/Replace
dialog (menu Find -> Find/Replace). You have to enter directly the
Unicode character in the "Text to find" and "Replace with" fields of the
Find/Replace dialog. You cannot enter the code of the character, for
example \uB031 because that is not supported in the current version of
<oXygen/> but it is planned for a future version. In order to see the
character rendered correctly in the fields of the dialog the font for
text components set in the user preferences must cover that character.
The font for text components is set in Options -> Preferences -> Fonts:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/preferences-fonts.html

You can check that the font for text components covers your character
using the Character Map tool.

The Find/Replace dialog is presented here:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/find-and-replace-text.html

The <oXygen/> support for editing Unicode documents is presented here:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/editing-documents.html#working-with-unicode

Best regards,
Sorin