[oXygen-user] date time format when importing from Excel

Robert Walpole
Fri Nov 24 10:05:29 CST 2006

Hi,

I am using oXygen's very useful import tool to convert some data in a
spreadsheet to XML. In the spreadsheet there are several fields which
contain a date/time. When I import these fields they come out in the
format <date>Fri Dec 06 00:00:00 GMT 2002</date> no matter what format I
use in the source document.

It seems to me that oXygen is correctly recognising that these are dates
but then putting them into a format which I don't recognise. Really I
want them to be ISO 8601 (YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sss). I have tried
defining this as a custom format in the spreadsheet but it is still
coming out as shown when I run the import.

Is there some way I can specify the format I want in oXygen?

Thanks
Rob Walpole