[oXygen-user] oXygen as a Eclipse HTML Editor

George Cristian Bina
Fri Nov 17 12:49:11 CST 2006

Dear Ray,

First you need to add the oXygen XML editor as one of the editors that
can handle html files. For that go to Window->Preferences -- General --
Editors -- File Associations, select *.html in the File types list and
use the Add button to add Oxygen XML Editor as associated editor
(eventually you can set it also as default editor).

By default oXygen has a default schema association rule that associates
files that have a root element html with the xhtml1-strict.dtd. See
Window->Preferences -- oXygen -- Editor -- Default Schema Association.
So if you use the Open With... action from the Eclipse Navigator View or
Package Explorer View contextual menu and select the Oxygen XML Editor
then you will have the html file opened in oXygen and have validation
and content completion based on that DTD. You can add also other rules
for default schema association to associate your files based on
different criteria with the desired XHTML DTD or schema.