[oXygen-user] Re: Using Oxygen under Linux

Adrian Marius Buza
Tue Jun 13 06:33:39 CDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 11:42, Corey Wallis wrote:
>/ Dear All,
/>/
/>/ I'm currently using Oxygen 7.2 under Linux specifically, Ubuntu 6.06.
/>/ Unfortunately I can't create a menu item, or a launcher on the
/>/ desktop, that will start Oxygen correctly. For those unfamiliar with
/>/ Ubuntu it uses Gnome as window manager by default.
/>/
/>/ I can create the menu item, or launcher, and can confirm all of the
/>/ paths are correct. Oxygen appears to start, I can see a process start
/>/ and HDD activity, however no window is displayed and the process
/>/ quickly stops.
/>/
/>/ If I launch oxygen via a terminal window, inside gnome, everything
/>/ works as expected.
/>/
/>/ Does anyone have any thoughts?

Hi,

If you downloaded and installed the kit for linux(.sh file) then you should already have the corresponding shortcuts(.desktop files) in the oxygen install dir.
You just have to copy them to your desktop and they should work.

The file you are looking for is Oxygen XML Editor.desktop.

Adrian Buza
/--
syncRO soft ltd