[oXygen-user] Apparent shortage of editing accelerators or shortcut keys

Richard MAHONEY
Thu Jan 12 14:22:54 CST 2006

Readers,

I'm evaluating the Java version of <oXygen/> 6.2.1 on Solaris 10 (SunOS
Release 5.10 Version Generic_118844-27 64-bit). The editor is being used
for TEI P5 and I'm pleased with the ease with which it formats and
transforms the code. The file I am currently working on has over 8000
`id's. Outlining shows no signs of sluggishness. Compared to Emacs,
everything just seems to work. There is little need for much
customisation or configuration.

One thing, though, that I am having trouble with is the apparent
shortage of editing accelerators or shortcut keys. I've searched the
documentation:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone-en/configuring-the-editor.html#menu-shortcut-keys

but cannot find any editing accelerators except the standard Copy, Cut,
Paste, Redo, Select All, and Undo. What I need, in particular, are
accelerators to mark or select units of text in preparation for further
operations (copying, cutting &c.) e.g.:

select-word
select-paragraph
select-sentence
set-select-start
set-select-end

At present, I'm using the mouse for all of these functions. Still, I
would find it more convenient, and definitely quicker, to be able to use
the keyboard. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

 Richard MAHONEY

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: http://indica-et-buddhica.org
Littledene      | telephone/telefax (man.): ++64 3 312 1699