[oXygen-user] configuring a catalog

Sorin Ristache
Mon Sep 26 04:38:26 CDT 2005

Hello,

<oXygen/> does not look at the CLASSPATH variable to build the
classpath. Please use the instructions specified in the User Manual:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone-en/editing-xml-documents.html#using-XML-Catalogs

and in the "How to create and set up XML Catalog files" article
available on the Documentation page of the <oXygen/> website:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/HowToCreateAndSetUpXMLCatalogFiles.pdf

The "\" character is not allowed in a URI. You must use "/" for
separating path components.

The relative paths present in the catalog are resolved relative to the
location of the catalog. For example the mapping

<system
systemID="http://doctools.its.utas.edu.au/docbook/dtd/docbookx.dtd"
uri="docbookx.dtd"/>

will have an effect only if the catalog file is located in the same
folder with docbookx.dtd.

You can monitor the URIs resolved using the catalog and the resulted URI
by enabling the Catalogs view from Preferences - XML - XML catalog -
Verbosity.

Best regards,
Sorin