[oXygen-user] oXygen beta 6 Visual Relax NG editor chokes on large schemas

Eike Jordan
Tue May 10 13:56:09 CDT 2005

Dear George,

first of all a "Great job on beta 6" from me too! There are several enhancements
that are really useful.

[+]  file diff and merge especially with "Ignore whitespaces" etc.
[+]  directory diff (but what about e.g. WebDAV directories?)
[++] default namespace-prefix mappings (i really missed this)

What i noticed when playing around with file diff and merge:
- there is now way to start with the current edited file as source file
- when merging into the current edited file a "file has changed"
   notification is missing. You have pay attention to reload the file
   'manually'.

David Sewell wrote:
> Probably a mistake, but the first document I opened with oXygen 6 beta
> was the Relax NG schema for the OASIS OpenDocument format:
>
>  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11680/office-schema-1.0-cd-3.rng
>
> That is a long (530KB) and complex schema, and on my system it made
> oXygen freeze for all practical purposes--extremely long wait times for
> screen rewrites, etc. (I'm running the standalone Mac OS X version on a
> dual G4 867MHz PowerMac).
>
> Is this something that optimization can help with before the final
> release? If not, is there a way to turn off the visual schema editor in
> the Preferences so that it won't start when a file is loaded?
>
> David

I've made similar experiences with the Relax schema above working on a P4 3G (1G RAM) with
Debian Sarge and Java (build 1.5.0_03-b07).

Additionally the "Save as JPEG Image" function results in an OutOfMemoryError exception:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

and switching to the "Logical Model View" throws an IllegalStateException:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not implemented
         at ro.sync.exml.F.B.A.getNodeName(Unknown Source)
         at ro.sync.exml.F.D.B(Unknown Source)
         at ro.sync.exml.F.C.B(Unknown Source)
         at ro.sync.exml.F.I.A(Unknown Source)
         at ro.sync.exml.F.A.A.getToolTipText(Unknown Source)
         at javax.swing.ToolTipManager$insideTimerAction.actionPerformed(ToolTipManager.java:649)
         at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:271)
         at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:201)
         at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

The application freezes completely after trying to print the "Full Model View".

All right! That's all for now.

Cheers,
Eike

--