[oXygen-user] Website DTD Error

Sorin Ristache
Wed Jul 6 04:34:55 CDT 2005

Dear Raymond,

The transformation ends because the root element of foo.xml specified in
the toc element does not have an id attribute. This is reported as an
error by the Website stylesheet and is caused by the condition:

   <xsl:if test="not($page/*[1]/@id)">
     <xsl:message terminate="yes">
       <xsl:value-of select="@page"/>
       <xsl:text>: missing ID.</xsl:text>
     </xsl:message>
   </xsl:if>

when the page variable contains the nodeset corresponding to foo.xml
specified in the toc element of layout.xml. Just add an id attribute for
example id="layout-id" and you will get the attached document
autolayout.xml.

If you set Xalan as XSLT transformer in the transformation scenario you
get a more informative error message:

foo.xml: missing ID.

We already know about this bug in the integration of Saxon in <oXygen/>
- not reporting the content of a terminating xsl:message, just reporting
that the processing was terminated - and we are working on it.

Best regards,
Sorin