[oXygen-user] problem with XPath 2.0

George Cristian Bina
Wed Jan 26 07:27:46 CST 2005

Hi Paul,

This is a problem in Saxon 8.1.1 used by oXygen for XPath 2.0 support.
When invoked from command line it gets the same exception [1].

We patched the XPathEvaluator class and now it works correctly. To get
the fix in oXygen just drop the attached saxon-XPathPatch.jar in your
[oXygen]/lib folder or, if you are on a Mac in
oxygen.app/Contents/Resources/Java.

Let us know if you encounter any difficulties with this patch. Also
please subscribe to the list to have your emails posted automatically
without administrator approval.

[1]
E:\workspace\oXygen>java -cp lib/saxon8.jar
net.sf.saxon.xpath.XPathEvaluator  build.xml "for $i in //target return $i"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
         at
net.sf.saxon.expr.XPathContextMajor.setLocalVariable(XPathContextMajor.java:213)
         at
net.sf.saxon.expr.ForExpression$MappingAction.map(ForExpression.java:208)
         at net.sf.saxon.expr.MappingIterator.next(MappingIterator.java:64)
         at
net.sf.saxon.xpath.XPathEvaluator.evaluate(XPathEvaluator.java:186)
         at net.sf.saxon.xpath.XPathEvaluator.main(XPathEvaluator.java:284)