[oXygen-user] Please help in interpreting an "derivation-ok-restriction.5.4.2: Error for type 'GridDomainType'. The particle of the type is not a valid restriction of the particle of the base."

George Cristian Bina
Fri Nov 5 02:41:19 CST 2004

Hi John,

I cannot find GML 3.1.1. Can you point us to that ?
The error directs to the GridDomainType and DomainSetType. The first
seems not to be a valid restriction of the second. The rcase-Recurse.2
points you to the following part of the spec that is related with the error:
***
2 There is a complete ·order-preserving· functional mapping from the
particles in the {particles} of R to the particles in the {particles} of
B such that all of the following must be true:
2.1 Each particle in the {particles} of R is a ·valid restriction· of
the particle in the {particles} of B it maps to as defined by Particle
Valid (Restriction) (§3.9.6).
2.2 All particles in the {particles} of B which are not mapped to by any
particle in the {particles} of R are ·emptiable· as defined by Particle
Emptiable (§3.9.6).
***

The best thing is allow us to reproduce the error. Otherwise send us at
least the DomainSetType definition.