[oXygen-user] Comments about a possible new feature

Robert Koberg
Wed Jan 28 18:17:39 CST 2004

Robert Koberg wrote:

> George Cristian Bina wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>

>> Try to set the command line to ant.bat. I gave it a try and it works
>> fine.
>

> that worked

I am noticing one thing that behaves differently when running a build
file from the (cygwin) command line and running the exact same build
file through oxygen. It involves running a transformation that uses an
Ant xmlcatalog element. The xsl:include/import's work, but the document
function does not go to the resolver. It just uses the identifier, for
example with the xmlcatalog below:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document('placeholder')"/>

should resolve to:
${project.content.dir}/placeholder.xml

but it resolves to the working dir adding the identifier.

A transformation looks like:
<xslt in="${project.site.xml}" out="${project.dev.dir}/feeds/index.html"
       reloadstylesheet="no" style="${project.xslt}">
   <param expression="${publish.timestamp}" name="date_time"/>
   <xmlcatalog refid="lsb_catalog"/>
</xslt>

The xmlcatalog looks like:

<xmlcatalog id="lsb_catalog">
   <entity location="${lsb.global_defs.xslt}"
publicId="global_definitions.xsl"/>
   <entity location="${lsb.common.xslt}" publicId="common.xsl"/>

   <entity location="${project.content.dir}/placeholder.xml"
publicId="placeholder"/>
</xmlcatalog>

Again, the same build.xml works when using the command line with cygwin.

This is not a huge issue, but something is getting messed up. I remember
some Jaxp option but I can't find it now. I got an update message when I
restarted oXygen today, so I updated. Now I don't see a Jaxp preference.
I am pretty sure I set it to
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl. Could some lingering
setting be affecting the transformation. For example, the URIResolver is
getting set correctly on the factory, but not on the Transformer??

best,
-Rob