[oXygen-user] 3.0.1 Alpha FOP Transform for Large files fails

Sean Wheller
Wed Oct 29 01:13:58 CST 2003

Hi,

SuSE 8.2, JRE,SE 1.4.2-b28, Oxygen 3.0.1 Alpha

FOP transformations on large files still fail. The FOP
message notes java out of memory error. I have set
internal FOP memory to 400.

Does the machine mem spec make any difference?
Obviously the mor RAM and the better the processor the
faster the FOP transform, but should I be able to FOP
a large file if I only have 256 MB RAM.
> free in bash shows
total = 251852 used 220552 free 31300

this is following reboot with KDE running, bash shell
open and Oxygen.

If I break the large XML document into smaller
(modular) files will this improve memory management?

Sean Wheller