[oXygen-user] textdata

Sean Wheller
Tue Oct 21 03:42:24 CDT 2003

--- George Cristian Bina <> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> > Oxy does not bundle the extensions?
>
> Right, the docbook extensions are not bundled with
> oXygen. All you have to
> do is to drop the needed jars in the lib directory
> and they will be
> automatically added to the classpath.
>
> Best Regards,
>  George

Yes. This brings me back to one of my original ideas.

Would it not be better to enable Oxygen to connect
with an existing tool change?

For example and I find this time and again. I install
an XML Editor. It bundles parts of the tool chain,
including DTD's and XSL's. I now have at least 6
copies of xalan, saxon, xerces, docbook XML DTD,
SDocbook and Docbook XSL's.

I think it would be much better to have a
configuration wizard or a dialog that requiests the
locations of tools and configures the application
accordingly.

This enables me to manage one copy of each tool and
update by CVS.

Perhaps, for people who don't understand the tool
chian or its setup, a script can be used. This will
enable the user to select options, execute the script
with these options. Which will then download and
configure the application environment. The advantage
will be that less technical people can still maintain
a chain inline with development.

Just an idea.

Sean Wheller