[oXygen-user] problem with a docbook file

Sylvain Perchaud
Tue Dec 16 03:43:17 CST 2003

Buna / Bonjour / Hello,

I'm currently producing a document with docbook and faced a strange
behaviour of oXygen this morning.

(I'm working with a project file, with docbook.dtd as default DTD for
Code Insight)

I created a new file with the following structure :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<sect1>
    <sect1info>
        <authorgroup>
            <author>
                <firstname>xx</firstname>
                <surname>xx</surname>
                <affiliation>xx</affiliation>
            </author>
            <author>
                <firstname>xx</firstname>
                <surname>xx</surname>
                <affiliation>xx</affiliation>
            </author>
        </authorgroup>
        <copyright>
            <year>xxxx</year>
        </copyright>
    </sect1info>
    <title>xx <ulink url="xx"/>
    </title>

and then wanted to create a paragraph <para> here.
But Code Insight didn't had <para> in its suggestion list.
I nevertheless inserted my <para>xx</para>, and then wanted to insert an
image. So I typed "<media" but Code Insight only suggested me
<medialabel> and <mediaobject> was not available in the list.

I wrote the following structure :
<mediaobject>
    <imageobject>
         <imagedata align="xx" fileref="xx" format="xx"/>
        </imageobject>
    </mediaobject>

and closed my file with

</sect1>

I was able to produce the manual as a PDF file but I don't understand why
Code Insight didn't work on this file while there was no problem on other
files (the other files didn't have the <sect1info> element)

My configuration : oXygen 2.0.4 on Mac OS 10.3.1 using Apple's Java 1.4.1

--
Sylvain Perchaud
Tel : +33 (0) 674 758 551