[oXygen-sdk] [Ann] oXygen XML Editor 18.0 beta

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:39:05 CDT 2016

Hi there,

I am very glad to see the new facsimile support.  I hope this will help
those who want to align text and image as two representations of a text.

I briefly looked at the new plugin. It looks really handy to have this
available right in the author mode, but frankly, I think it is still a bit
tedious to use.  I guess there is not much to be done about this, since one
probably needs to have the Image editor separately for defining the zones.
Could there be a way to automatically generate some new unique ID values for
new zones?  Also, after defining the zones and closing the image editor,
would it be possible to have the image and the transcribed text *side by
side*?  That would be a big improvement.

Just a few comments to improve an otherwise already really intriguing
feature.  I will definitely use this in class.

All the best,

Christian

On 2016-03-18 19:41, Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza) wrote:
> Dear oXygen users,
>
> We are happy to announce that version 18.0 of oXygen XML Editor is close to
> being released.
> We have decided to offer a beta version prior to the final release to give
> you the opportunity to send us your feedback on the new features.
>
> Below, please see information about:
> * Downloading - oXygen 18.0 beta downloading links and notes
> * Licensing - a trial license key for testing
> * What's new - a summary of the most important new features in version 18.0
>

> = Downloading =
> Editor: http://www.oxygenxml.com/beta18/oxygenxml_editor.html
>
> Important Notes:
> - This build is meant for testing and evaluation purposes only. Do not use
> it for production work.
> - You should install this beta version in a different directory than your
> current Oxygen installation. For Windows, we also recommend that you disable
> file associations during the installation to preserve your current Oxygen
> file associations with the various XML file types.
> - All feedback is welcome.
>

> = Licensing =
> If you already have a license key for Oxygen XML Editor with an active SMP,
> it will also work for this beta version. If you don't have one, a
> registration dialog box will open and you can use the following 30-day trial
> license key:
>

> ------START-LICENSE-KEY------
>
> Registration_Name=Beta 18.0
>
> Company=
>
> Category=Enterprise
>
> Component=XML-Editor, XSLT-Debugger, Saxon-SA
>
> Version=18
>
> Number_of_Licenses=1
>
> Date=03-18-2016
>
> Trial=31
>
> SGN=MC4CFQCLeNZaZLiNuYfytSXqTTUZqpsoAwIVAJYECvVdXvAg9LbIP3EfZ8Lwrxy2
>
> -------END-LICENSE-KEY-------
>

> = What's new in Oxygen XML Editor 18.0 =
> The beta release of oXygen XML Editor version 18.0 includes new features and
> improvements to make your XML authoring and developing experience even
> better. We encourage you to try these new features and we welcome your
> feedback to help us improve them even further.
>
> The visual Author mode now allows you to reply to comments. This allows you
> to collaborate with others through comment threads.
>
> A brand new Image Map Editor has been implemented and it allows you to add
> links in specific areas in an image. You can experience various improvements
> to Author mode such as while working with tables and using the Smart Paste
> feature.
>
> Two of the most commonly used documentation frameworks have been updated.
> When editing in DITA, oXygen now officially support DITA 1.3 and the DITA
> Open Toolkit version 2.2.2 now comes bundled with the application. Also, the
> DocBook XSL was updated to the latest version 1.79.1 and DocBook schemas to
> 5.1.
>
> When editing in Text mode, you can use the new rectangular selection feature
> [...]

Christian Wittern, Kyoto