[oXygen-sdk] Process current context using custom swing component

Alex Jitianu alex_jitianu at sync.ro
Fri Feb 28 06:33:13 CST 2014

Hello,

Using a custom form control appears to be a good solution. From your
other email I see that you've already started to investigate this
approach. A CSS selector is all you would need to control when the form
control is presented:

elem {
// Normal styles
}

elem[attr] {
     content: oxy_editor(...)
}

We have some form controls samples in
{OxygenInstallDir}/samples/form-controls. Although their use is not
conditioned by an attribute value like you need you can easily change
the CSS selectors to implement this behavior (like described above).

The steps required to create and use a custom form controls are:
- download the authorSDK [2]
- implement the custom form control by extending
ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.editor.InplaceEditorRendererAdapter. You can
also take a look at
ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.editor.AbstractInplaceEditor (it offers some
default implementations and some listeners management)
- pack the previous implementation in a JAR
- go to Oxygen and add the JAR inside the Classpath tab of the framework [1]
- bind the form control in the CSS as described in [3].

[1]
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-editor/index.html#topics/document-type-classpath-tab.html
[2] http://oxygenxml.com/download_sdk.html?file=oxygenAuthorSDK.zip
[3]