[oXygen-sdk] Problem with the "insert.cross.reference" action in Oxygen Author 15.2

Alex Jitianu alex_jitianu at sync.ro
Tue Apr 29 03:27:44 CDT 2014

Hello Nathan,

The format attribute is not set in this situation because it is
redundant. According to the specification ,when no value is specified
the processors default to "dita". There are other tests perform by the
"insert.cross.reference" operation, most of them based on the extension.
If the referenced file has a *.dita or *.xml extension the format is
automatically considered to be "dita" and the attribute is not set at
all. If the referenced file has a different extension then that
extension is imposed as the format (the specification also states
something on this). Does the missing "format" has any side effects, like
perhaps in the output?

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/common/theformatattribute.html

Best regards,