[oXygen-sdk] plugin access to existing document types?

Koeser, Rebecca Sutton rebecca.s.koeser at emory.edu
Thu Feb 21 17:50:13 CST 2013

Hi, all.

I was wondering if there is a way for a plugin to interact with existing
document types.  I'm working on a plugin with functionality that will work
in both EAD and TEI, and there are a couple of things I was wondering
about.

1) Is there a way in the APIs to determine what type Oxygen has detected
an open file to be, e.g. if  it is EAD, TEI, or something else?

2) Is there a way for the plugin to add a CSS file to an existing document
type definition? I'd like to add some custom styling for the elements and
attributes that our plugin adds; I could just provide the CSS via URL and
tell users how to add it in their preferences, but I was wondering if
there was a better way to do something like that.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Rebecca

prohibited.