[oXygen-sdk] RSuite Applet Integration: Managing Framework Details

Eliot Kimber ekimber at rsicms.com
Tue Feb 19 09:05:52 CST 2013

I'm adapting code originally written by my colleague Lukasz, who implemented
against 14.0. I don't fully understand the details of how it all works, so
groping in the dark a little bit.

In our current framework file we provide custom classes for handling the
various insert actions:

<field name="operationID">
<String>com.rsicms.rsuite.editors.oxygen.applet.extension.operations.InsertS
ymbolOperation</String></field>

One each for insert system, insert image, insert reference, and insert cross
reference. The custom code is using server-side code to provide lists of
things to select.

These are the only changes to the OOTB framework, so if there was a more
indirect way to set up this action bindings, that would be ideal.

Please feel free to point me to the relevant docs. In addition to just
trying to make this work, I'm also trying to work out the best overall
engineering approach for building custom Oxygen integration plugins. Our
expectation is that different clients will want different customizations
depending on their doctypes and business rules, so I want to make sure it's
as easy to do as possible, which means separating the configuration from the
code as much as possible, of course.

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber
Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions