How to specify ditaval with Content Fusion

Having trouble accessing the Oxygen Content Fusion platform or installing the server solution? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
ms2art2

How to specify ditaval with Content Fusion

Post by ms2art2 »

I'm using the Evaluation server to try out Content Fusion and following these instructions.

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... tasks.html

I can't figure out how to specify a ditaval file so my reviewers can see filtered topics. My New Task dialog in the Content Fusion Tasks Manager doesn't look like the one in the above topic. There's no "DITA Context" section. Is filtering available when using the Evaluation server?
cristi_talau

Re: How to specify ditaval with Content Fusion

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

You should use a Content Fusion plugin version greater than 2.0 to have the DITA context enabled. If you see only a DITA Map chooser, you probably have an older version. Upgrading your Oxygen to version 22 should bring a newer Content Fusion plugin.

If do not see the DITA Map chooser, it seems that the Content Fusion plugin did not detect that you are working on a DITA project. Try opening the a map in the DITA Maps Manager to make it display the DITA Context section.

Best,
Cristian
benc

Post by benc »

I see the option to specify a ditaval when I'm uploading, and the behavior is as expected. If the map contains a ditavalref, however, it's not attached to the review. Are there any plans to support ditavalref for the purpose of specifying a ditaval on map-based reviews?
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

We have some open feature requests in this area. However, in general, the problem is complex since there might be multiple "ditavalref" elements in the map. Some of them on branches that do not contain the topics to be reviewed. On other branches there might be multiple "ditavalrefs". These problems caused us to postpone the implementation of such feature.

I was wondering if your content is one of the simple cases:
  • Does it have multiple ditavalref elements in a single map?
  • Do ditavalref elements appear as children of the root of the map?
Best,
Cristian
benc

Post by benc »

I can certainly understand the complexity of implementing full branch filtering.

My use case is much simpler. To answer your questions, only one ditavalref per map as a child of the root map element. Even if if the UI could just be short-circuited in this case to apply the ditaval automatically, it would be helpful.
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

Thanks for the details. I added them on the feature request. We can try to propose the DITAVAL in your case - in the end is just a default proposal that can be modified by the user for more complex use-cases. We will update this forum post when this will be implemented.

Best,
Cristian