WebHelp search string with underscore returns no results

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
ms2art2

WebHelp search string with underscore returns no results

Post by ms2art2 »

When I execute a Web Help search (oXygen 21) with a string that contains an underscore, no results are returned. If I use the substring that contains no underscore, I get the expected results. Is this a known issue/
Costin

Re: WebHelp search string with underscore returns no results

Post by Costin »

Hi ms2art2,

I double-checked this and tested using both version 21 and version 22, but could not reproduce the issue you reported.
What I've done: into a paragraph from the "introduction.dita" topic from the flowers.ditamap DITA Map from the oXygen sample project, i inserted the string "Word1_word2_word3", then published the flowers.ditamap to WebHelp Responsive.

I could find search results when searching for "Word1_word2" fragment in the WebHelp Responsive outputs obtained with both version 21 and version 22.

Do you have any customization? If you do, please try installing and using a clean installation of the latest maintenance build oXygen version 21.1 or of the version 22 (if you have a compatible license) and run the predefined DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario without any other change or customization and see if you still encounter the issue.
If you do not, then you should debug your own customization. Otherwise, please let us now what string you used to searche for and in which context, in order to investigate further.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
syed

Post by syed »

Hi,
When the string is like "word1_word2=1" and i search "word1_word2", Webhelp doesn't find the term. Webhelp also could not find "word1_word2=1". Is there a workaround?

Syed
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Syed,

Thank you for the details you provided!
I hereby confirm that we managed to reproduce this issue and we logged it in our internal issue tracking system, so that our development team will try to implement a fix in a future release of Oxygen.
We will notify this thread whenever an implementation becomes available.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support