adding admonishments

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
sushmatechpub

adding admonishments

Post by sushmatechpub »

Hello,

Is it possible to change/customize the in-built admonishments as per requirement? For example, we have Note, on same lines is it possible to include warnings, cautions, stop, radiation and so on with symbols representing them. This can help with hardware documentation. Let me know how this can be incorporated.

Thanks,
Sushma
ionela

Re: adding admonishments

Post by ionela »

Hi,

Could you please provide us more details about the context of this problem? Is your source file DITA content? What kind of transformation do you run in oXygen XML?
In case you run DITA Map WebHelp Responsive transformation you might use CSS styling to customize the output:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... h-css.html

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
sushmatechpub

Post by sushmatechpub »

Hello,

-->Is your source file DITA content? - Yes, it is Dita.
-->What kind of transformation do you run in oXygen XML? - PDF.

-->Here is an example of what we already have for "note" in Oxygen:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XZCDh ... evsmIX2T5y

-->And I would need similar admonishments for the images marked in the attachment:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V9NQR ... j9c3KK4T_v

Thanks,
Sushma
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hi,

How the content shown in Author mode may by different than the way it is actually rendered in the output.
The Author mode renders the content of the XML documents visually, based on CSS stylesheets associated with the document. But, to generate the output oXygen XML uses the DITA-OT publishing engine.
Could you please specify transformation do you use in oXygen XML to obtain the PDF output: DITA Map PDF - based on XSL-FO or DITA Map PDF - based on HTML5 & CSS ?
If you use DITA Map PDF - based on HTML5 & CSS you can use the same approach specified in my previous post as this output can be customized using CSS.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
sushmatechpub

Post by sushmatechpub »

Hello,

The transformation that I am using is DITA Map PDF - based on XSL-FO . Please guide on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Sushma
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Sushma,

An idea would be to use a customization folder where you could add your own image resources that should be used to overwrite the default ones that come from the DITA OT.

For more details on how you should do this, please see the Customizing note Images in PDF section from the User-Guide.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
sushmatechpub

Post by sushmatechpub »

Hi Costin,

Thanks a lot. Your solution worked and solved my problem :)
How do we edit the default labels? For example, Changing the default label "Note" to "Information".

Regards,
Sushma
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi,

I'm afraid there is no easy way to do that, other than creating your own DITA-OT extension plugin for such customization.
I found this page from DITA-OT that contains information on how you could do that through your own customization plugin.
Also, you can find instructions on how you could create, install and use DITA-OT plugins in this section from our User-Guide.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi