rendering of variable instead of values

<oXygen/> general issues.
Ronser
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:33 pm

rendering of variable instead of values

Post by Ronser » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi

Using OxygenXML Editor 19.1 on Windows 7.

The maps appear as ${i18n(cc_map)} instead of the name of the map and the topics appear as ${i18n(cc_topicref)} in the DITA maps editor.

In Author mode all the elements have a similar naming style, e.g. And the topics appear as ${i18n(cc_p)}.

Any reason why this would suddenly happen or how I can fix it? I have been installing/uninstalling PDF plugins for months. However this issue arose suddenly, all was working and doing general work, then I opened a map it author mode, it seemed to take a long time, and then the rendering issue occured.

Thanks

Ronan

Radu
Posts: 6275
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: rendering of variable instead of values

Post by Radu » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 am

Hi Ronan,

Have you made any changes to the folder ""OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/dita""?
In this case you could try to re-download an archive containing Oxygen 19.1:

http://archives.oxygenxml.com/Oxygen/Ed ... gen.tar.gz

and compare using Oxygen's "Compare Directories" tool the folder "OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/dita" with the similar one from the archive, try to see what changes you made on your side.

If there are no such changes, did you add a custom frameworks location in the Oxygen Preferences Document Type Association / Locations page?
You may also want to use the "Restore Defaults" button in the Oxygen Preferences->"Document Type Association"

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Ronser
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: rendering of variable instead of values

Post by Ronser » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Thanks Radu.

I had installed a dita to PDF plugin. I compared directories and there were lots of changes... but I couldn't be sure what changes during build time and what is more fundamental.

In the end I reinstalled Oxygen and that seemed to do the trick. I have taken a snapshot of the directory now so I can check what's changed when it goes wrong next time.

Thanks for your help.

Ronan

Post Reply