Japanese Fonts Garbled when Converting from Markdown to DITA

Eddie
Posts: 97

Japanese Fonts Garbled when Converting from Markdown to DITA

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am

Hello
Using Author V20.1.

We have some Japanese files that we want to convert from markdown to DITA in oXygen.

If I convert by right-clicking in the markdown pane and clicking [Export as DITA Topic], they convert normally.
If I convert using the Batch Converter add-on, they convert normally.
But if I convert by right-clicking the topicref in Map Manager and clicking [Refactoring] – [Convert Markdown to DITA topic], the Japanese text is garbled.

Looking at the files in a text editor, they are all UTF-8 for UNIX.
I’ve tried changing this encoding in various ways.
The only way I can get the readable DITA by right-clicking the topicref in Map Manager is if I change the encoding to ANSI for PC.

I noticed some other odd things while checking this, but first…

Is the above behavior correct or are we doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Eddie.
Radu
Posts: 5685

Re: Japanese Fonts Garbled when Converting from Markdown to DITA

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Eddie,

What you discovered is a bug in Oxygen and we'll work to fix it. In the meantime please use the other means of conversion (Batch Converter, Export as DITA topic) which properly preserve the Japanese content.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Eddie
Posts: 97

Re: Japanese Fonts Garbled when Converting from Markdown to DITA

Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 am

Hello Radu,

Thanks for the reply.

Understood. We'll use the other methods for now.

Cheers,

Eddie

Return to “DITA (Editing and Publishing DITA Content)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests