Launch Author With File

Oxygen general issues.
msalvatori

Launch Author With File

Post by msalvatori »

From the Windows Explorer, or at a command line, I would like to launch Author with a file parameter that opens up in Author-mode. I can launch directly into Author-mode without arguments. However, when I provide a file argument, I start out in Edit-mode; clicking the Author-mode tab gets me where I want, but I want to avoid that extra step. :?
sorin_ristache

Re: Launch Author With File

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

If you want to open the file in Author mode you must set the option Open XML in to value Author. The option is available from menu Options -> Editor -> Open/Save.

Regards,
Sorin
sijomon

Post by sijomon »

On a realted note, is it possible to modify this config parameter exterfnally to Oxygen; i.e. is there some file I can write to to set this 'Open XML in' parameter. I need to be able to customise a number of client machine's installation of Oxygen, and i'd rather not involve the users, currently its all been done in an applet (with appropriate policy file).
sijomon

Post by sijomon »

I just found the file:

com.oxygenxml/oxyOptionsSa10.0.xml

in my user dir. This file has the following XML:

<entry>
<String xml:space="preserve">editor.open.in.page</String>
<String xml:space="preserve">Author</String>
</entry>

I'm guessing this is what I'm after; am I right?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Yes, that is the option but you can do that with the actions Export Global Options (on the machine where you set the options once for all users) and Import Global Options (on all the machines where you want to have the same user options) available on menu Options.

In newer versions (version 10.2) the option is available from Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Pages.

Regards,
Sorin
sijomon

Post by sijomon »

Many thanks.