Do Content Fusion Tasks Expire?

Having trouble accessing the Oxygen Content Fusion platform or installing the server solution? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jmorales

Do Content Fusion Tasks Expire?

Post by jmorales »

I was just looking through my list of Content Fusion tasks, and didn't see quite as many as I expected, and none more than four months old. It is possible that I am just confused, but I just want to check whether old review tasks ever expire? Or do they always stay around until you explicitly delete them? Thanks!
cristi_talau

Re: Do Content Fusion Tasks Expire?

Post by cristi_talau »

Currently there is no expiration time for Content Fusion tasks.

In the browser UI there are 3 lists of review tasks:
  • Review tasks assigned to me
  • Review tasks owned by me
  • Finalized review tasks
The third list contains tasks for which the user clicked the "Finalize Review" button. This list is hidden by default.
jmorales

Post by jmorales »

Thanks, Cristi. In My Tasks, I don't see any finalized review tasks. Not sure if this means I don't have any. When you say "This list is hidden by default," do you mean there should be a heading that I can click to expand the list, or that there is a setting option somewhere that I have to change in order to see finalized review tasks? I don't see anything to click on that could expand into a list of finalized review tasks.

Thanks!
jmorales

Post by jmorales »

Sorry, I just found the answer to my question. I found one of the review tasks that I could finalize, and after that, a "Show finalized review tasks" prompt appeared at the end of My Tasks. Clicking this successfully showed the task that I had finalized.
Vikrambp

Post by Vikrambp »

Hi,

I have just subscribed to this forum and represent the content update team in my organization. We use Oxygen XML Author (22.0) as the content creation & authoring tool. One of our biggest challenges is collaborative content review, as much of our engineering stakeholders cannot access Oxygen.
Currently, we use the HTML output and/or PDF format for a review.

I do realize that Oxygen Author has Content Fusion that supports collaborative content review. However, as much of the reviewers can't access this tool, I wanted to understand if there are any other options that I can try to leverage the collaborative capabilities of Oxygen XML Author.
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hi,

The Content Fusion Add-on for Oxygen XML Author is designed for Content Authors, to connect to the Content Fusion server to create and manage the review tasks. The reviewers will edit the documents by using the browser interface of the server so there is no need for them to install Oxygen XML Author, if this is what you wanted to say by "can't access this tool".

Actually today (Wed, July 8, 2020) I will present a webinar - Collaboration Made Simple with Oxygen Content Fusion - about how easily is to collaborate to review XML documents in Oxygen Content Fusion. If you can participate, you will see the entire Content Fusion review workflow in action. You can see the details and register here:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/events/2020/w ... usion.html
Even if you do not have time to participate we will send you a recording of the webinar in a couple of days.
The recording will be also available on the event's page and on the oxygenxml Youtube channel.

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com