Page 1 of 1

Search affected by Google Tag Manger code - responsive Webhelp output

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:46 pm
by cparrott
Hi there,

I've added Google Tag Manager code to my responsive webhelp output via transform parameters. I'm able to add the code just fine and it runs in the background of my output, but it also seems to disable the search on my output--when I try to search for anything, the results are blank, and when I inspect the code I see that the div class="fakeResult" and "fakeText".

I'm attaching screenshots of:
1) The parameters I have set referencing the GTM code;
2) How the search looks after I add the GTM code; and
3) What I see when I inspect the search code.

Have you seen this before? Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Happy to provide more info if it would be helpful.

Thank you,
Claire
parameters.png
parameters.png (37.1 KiB) Viewed 448 times
search-front-end.png
search-front-end.png (4.33 KiB) Viewed 448 times
search-back-end.png
search-back-end.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 448 times

Re: Search affected by Google Tag Manger code - responsive Webhelp output

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:11 pm
by radu_pisoi
Hi,
cparrott wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:46 pm
Have you seen this before? Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Happy to provide more info if it would be helpful.
No, we have not encountered this problem yet.

Do you encounter the same issue if you remove the Google Tag Manager code? You can easily to this by duplicating the transformation scenario and remove the webhelp.fragment parameters.

When Google Tag Manager code is enabled, could you tell us if there is any message in the browser's console (F12 to debug).

Re: Search affected by Google Tag Manger code - responsive Webhelp output

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:47 pm
by cparrott
Hi there,

The issue goes away if I duplicate the transform and remove the Google Tag Manager code.

After debugging, I see that I do have multiple errors--attaching a screenshot of them here. The lines of code they refer to are the GTM code lines. These errors appear before I even perform a search, so it seems like the issue might be with the GTM code.

Let me know if you have any insight into what these errors indicat
GTMdebugerror.PNG
GTMdebugerror.PNG (70.55 KiB) Viewed 400 times
e!

Thank you,
Claire