Custom Notes in Webhelp

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
DaveC

Custom Notes in Webhelp

Post by DaveC »

I have a number of custom notes that I have created for PDF transform. Now I am wondering how to create the same note in the webhelp output with a custom name and icon.
Costin

Re: Custom Notes in Webhelp

Post by Costin »

Hi,

You could use CSS customization to style the note's title and icon.

More specific, you could use the customization technique described in this section from the User-Guide to customize the notes' icons.
Then, edit the DITA Map PDF - based on HTML5 and CSS transformation scenario and either use a customization CSS directly in the scenario as a parameter, or use a publishing template that contains your customization CSS.
To use the CSS file directly, you should set the file path to your customization CSS file in the "args.css" parameter, from the scenario's "Parameters" tab and also set the value of the "args.copycss" parameter to "yes" (in order for the CSS to be copied in the WebHelp Responsive output folder).

If you decide to use a publishing template, which, among other things also uses your customization CSS, you can find information on how to reference the publishing templates, as well as more details on working with publishing templates also in the User-Guide.

Last but not least, you could use the same publishing template with both the DITA Map > WebHelp Responsive and the DITA Map PDF based on HTML5 and CSS transformation scenarios (selecting the custom publishing template you would create in the Template tab from the scenario configuration dialog).

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support