How to publish a webhelp responsive custom publishing template directly from the DITA-OT?

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
steinbacherGE

How to publish a webhelp responsive custom publishing template directly from the DITA-OT?

Post by steinbacherGE »

Hi There,

I followed the How to Use XSLT Extension Points from a DITA-OT Plugin procedure and downloaded the sample files.

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... ample.html

I got everything to work great when publishing directly from the DITA-OT cmd line.

How can I add a custom publishing template to this plugin? Do I need to create an addition build file?

I watched the webinar on Creating Custom Publishing Templates and downloaded the sample files.

https://www.oxygenxml.com/events/2018/w ... utput.html

Do I need to publish these custom templates from Oxygen, or can I export and publish them directly from a DITA-OT cmd line?

Thanks,

Leroy
Costin

Re: How to publish a webhelp responsive custom publishing template directly from the DITA-OT?

Post by Costin »

Hi Leroy,

You could either create the publishing template from scratch (which in my opinion could be more difficult) or - easier - create the template starting from an already existing, predefined template in oXygen and export it.
See the "How to Create a Publishing Template" section from the WebHelp User-Guide.
Then you could use the publishing template in your command line, following the instructions from the "How to Use a Publishing Template from a Command Line" section in the User-Guide.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
steinbacherGE

Re: How to publish a webhelp responsive custom publishing template directly from the DITA-OT?

Post by steinbacherGE »

Hi Costin,

Cool, thanks for the info. We publish to webhelp responsive through a DITA-OT installed on Astoria. Using a parameter to specify a template will be helpful because we will need different output for different publication types.

Just curious, is there a way to "hard-code" a default custom publishing template so it uses it by default without having to specify a parameter?

Thanks,

Leroy
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hi.

Unfortunately. there ins't a way to "hard-code" a default custom publishing template (without using a parameter).
The default publishing template is an oXygen standard template that this cannot be modified to a custom one.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support