How to review all comments in a collection

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
cjboorman

How to review all comments in a collection

Post by cjboorman »

Hi,

I'm migrating content from a large Word document to DITA format. As I'm working (cutting and pasting each section), if I have any questions for the Subject Matter Expert (SME) who originally wrote the content, I add comments with my questions, to the topic I'm currently writing. Ultimately, what I want to do is send the SME a copy of this oXygen project, and have him go through it and answer all of my questions.

I tried to find out how this is done, but I couldn't figure it out. I'm accustomed to reviewing documents in Microsoft Word - you just click the "Next Comment" button; but there seems to be no equivalent in oXygen XML Editor.

So how do you find all of the comments in a DITA document collection with oXygen?

Thanks,

Chris.
HomeGoods

Re: How to review all comments in a collection

Post by HomeGoods »

I find this feature useful: https://youtu.be/PENoDNdaGao?t=177
Might help you too.
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello,

Alongside the Find/Replace Dialog introduced in the above presentation, you should also take a look at the Review view which presents all the tracked changes and comments from the current document.

Best regards,
Alex
cjboorman

Post by cjboorman »

Hi,

That's what I needed - thanks. :)

One problem though: "Currently the maximum number of review search results is limited to 10. Upgrade your license to the Enterprise version to remove this limitation". I would have bought the Enterprise version if I knew about this limitation. Your web site mentions the ability to connect to a database as the only differentiator between the Professional and Enterprise editions. Since I have no use for connecting Oxygen to a database (nor do I understand the value of connecting Oxygen to a database), I went with the Professional version. :(

Thanks,

Chris Boorman.
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hello,

The difference between the two editions of oXygen (Professional/Enterprise) is specified in the feature matrix (you can check "Hide common features" if you want to see only the differences):
https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/di ... ional.html

To identify you oXygen license, please contact us on our sales email address sales [AT] oxygenxml [DOT] com providing some details about your order, as : order reference number, the oXygen license key or the SGN field of the license key (from oXygen menu Help > About).

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support