onlytopic.in.map & abbreviated-form

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Tristan

onlytopic.in.map & abbreviated-form

Post by Tristan »

Hi,

Some questions about onlytopic.in.map.

1. Link remains
If the parameter is set, the xref linking to the topic (which is not attached to a ditamap), is still transformed to a link in the output. So when clicked it leads to nowhere ('blank page'). Is there a method/plan to convert these 'pointless' links to plain text during transformation when onlytopic.in.map is set to true?

2. Not applicable for abbreviated-form?
glossentries which are linked via an abbreviated-form (and not linked in a map) are still transformed to the output. Also glossentries referred to by abbreviated-form on that 'linked' glossentry are pulled in, again leading in an entire cascade of topics which I would expect to be concluded.
Shouldn't this parameter also prevent topics linked to via abbreviated-form?

3. @conref only?
The description of onlytpoic.in.map states it excludes topics linked via 'conref' but I have the impression that description is not correct/complete as also xref target topics which are linked to via href are not transformed (which is behavior I expect).
Radu

Re: onlytopic.in.map & abbreviated-form

Post by Radu »

Hi Tristan,

I'm afraid I do not know much about how this parameter is implemented in the DITA Open Toolkit engine.
Maybe you should ask around on the Yahoo Groups DITA Users List.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com