"Replace" vs. "Replace and Find"

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dsewell

"Replace" vs. "Replace and Find"

Post by dsewell »

I suggested this a couple of years ago and was told the functionality would be added to a future release of oXygen, but I haven't seen it yet, so here is the request again.

Currently, in the Find/Replace window, clicking the Replace button makes the change and then immediately moves the cursor to the next instance of the Find expression (if any). For Find/Replace with a complex regular expression, I often want to examine each change to be sure it was correct. Currently, the only way to do that is (1) click "Find", (2) click "Scope - Only selected lines", (3) click "Replace". Then Click "Scope - All" and "Find" again to move to the next instance. That is quite slow.

If possible, could there be two buttons, maybe Replace and Replace + Find, where the first stays on the current line while the second does the replacement and moves to the next instance of the Find expression?
Radu

Re: "Replace" vs. "Replace and Find"

Post by Radu »

Hi David,

Indeed we have not yet added this button. As UI changes I would suggest a "Replace" button which would not jump to the next occurrence and a "Replace/Find" button which would also jump to the next occurrence.
We plan to release Oxygen 20.1 in a couple of weeks, after that I will try to maybe look into this, see what it would take to add this extra button.
I will update this forum thread when we manage to add the button.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dsewell

Re: "Replace" vs. "Replace and Find"

Post by dsewell »

Thanks very much!