Page 1 of 1

NullPointerException in Eclipse plugin

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:47 pm
by joe
I was just attempting to debug some XSLT, but found that for some reason all my breakpoints were ignored. the transformation just ran to completion every time.

I quit eclipse (3.0 build 200406192000) and restarted. the Debugger pane in the Oxygen XSLT debugger perspective says "An error has occured when creating this view". The following shows up in Eclispe's log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Sep 02, 2004 09:44:35.479
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "
at com.oxygenxml.dxsl.a.i(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.dxsl.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.dxsl.DebuggerView.createPartControl(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.createChildControl(
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createControl(
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.createControl(
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewFactory$

this is on OS X, with the latest Java update. plugin version 4.2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:22 am
by joe
a bit more info on this.

I'm using Saxon, and I had previously turned on Saxon tracing with a saxon:trace='yes' attribute on the stylesheet. this apparently confused the Oxygen debugger, because I wasn't able to get any of my breakpoints to work.

when I removed the saxon:trace attribute, the debugger started working.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:17 pm
by george
Hi Joe,

For debugging oXygen registers a trace listener on Saxon. If you add the saxon:trace attribute then Saxon will set a trace listener as well. This causes the trace listener set by oXygen to be removed thus the stylesheet will be executed without any interruption.

Best Regards,

Bug opening XSLT debugger.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:22 am
by jak09
I also get this bug whenever I open eclipse if it opens up into xslt debugger view. I haven't created any trace listeners.

I have found that if I change to java view, quit, reopen, then change back to xslt it works OK.

I am running oxygen 5.0 and eclipse 3.0.1 (Sep 16 build).

It would be good if we could get it fixed because the workaround is a pain.