Version 21 WebHelp compilation errors

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Carl

Version 21 WebHelp compilation errors

Post by Carl »

I just installed OxygenXML Author version 21 this morning and tried recompiling my WebHelp (which worked with no problems in version 20). After running into a host of more minor errors that I was able to figure out myself, I am stumped at this transformation error:

Code: Select all

Transformation failed. /home/clum/Oxygen XML Author 21/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/build_dita.xml:924: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to compile stylesheet '/home/clum/Oxygen XML Author 21/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/xsl/dita2webhelp/dita2webhelp.xsl': net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException: Errors were reported during stylesheet compilation

The following error occurred while executing this line:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to compile stylesheet '/home/clum/Oxygen XML Author 21/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT3.x/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/xsl/dita2webhelp/dita2webhelp.xsl': net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException: Errors were reported during stylesheet compilation
I have tried replacing the "dita2webhelp.xsl" file with the one from version 20, but this error still persists. I looked at this file and it's fairly simple, but I am not advanced enough to diagnose what might be wrong with it. I have attached the "dita2webhelp.xsl" file that came with version 21. Is there an error in it?
dita2webhelp.zip
(637 Bytes) Downloaded 231 times
Radu

Re: Version 21 WebHelp compilation errors

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

Please try to save and send via email (support@oxygenxml.com) the entire console output received in the DITA OT console view tab. It should contain more precise details about the exact errors reported when compiling the XSLT stylesheet.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

Radu, I have emailed the DITA OT console output to your Support email, referencing this topic. Hopefully you will be able to figure this out quickly, as we need WebHelp output from version 21 imminently.
Carl

Post by Carl »

I have sent you a copy of my DITA OT console output. Hopefully you can resolve this as this error is blocking me from compiling a WebHelp for our release. (We need WebHelp from v21, because it resolves a security issue.)

For what it's worth, I tried creating a simple 2-topic test project, and the WebHelp compile still failed with the same error.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

I just answered you via email.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com