Changing license server user password? Or activating license?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
queshaw

Changing license server user password? Or activating license?

Post by queshaw »

Hi,

I'm setting up a license server and when I try to request a license, it is not accepting the username and password that I configured. Is there a way to reset the user password?

It could be that I failed to activate the license. When you activate a license, does the server at oxygenxml.com respond with a blank screen? If not, does oxygenxml.com need to access the license server from the internet? Or, what do you think the problem could be?
queshaw

Re: Changing license server user password? Or activating license?

Post by queshaw »

I should add that this is on windows using the windows installer.
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

If the license key has not been activated, the server is not active, so it does not serve licenses. There's no point in setting up the client if the server is not ready yet. After the server is configured remember to allow connections to it or its configured port in your Windows firewall.
I'm setting up a license server and when I try to request a license, it is not accepting the username and password that I configured. Is there a way to reset the user password?
The simplest way to reset the user password is to reinstall the license server. You will be able to set the password again during install. I don't think that's necessary yet in this case.
When you activate a license, does the server at oxygenxml.com respond with a blank screen?
No, after automatic activation on the site you should get redirected back to your license server page which should show you the license status. Go back to your license server page and refresh the page. If nothing changed and it still asks for the license, the license key has not been activated.
If not, does oxygenxml.com need to access the license server from the internet?
No, it's the other way around, the license server needs http access to oxygenxml.com for automatic activation. But it's also possible to activate the license key manually on the activation page from the website. Note that the machine signature and activation code are one and the same.
Or, what do you think the problem could be?
Most likely you have a firewall or security software that blocks some connections, perhaps even the web browser redirection during automatic activation. Try the manual activation.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
queshaw

Post by queshaw »

Asking for activation code when it says machine signature, is pretty confusing.

Anyway, it appears to be working now. I used tomcat and the war file to set it up, so that I can change the user name/password. And I registered the licenses on a different machine.

Aside from changing the user name on the license server, the only way I found to change the user name that the client is requesting, was by reinstalling the license server so that it prompts for the license server again. There is no Help->Register in my instance of Author.
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,
Asking for activation code when it says machine signature, is pretty confusing.
It was initially named activation code, but that caused some confusion as where you get it from, so it was later changed in the license server web UI to "machine signature" to better reflect its origin. The documentation for manual activation has not been updated accordingly. I have logged an issue to update the documentation and also update this label in the manual activation page.

The Oxygen XML Editor bundle also contains a launcher for Oxygen XML Author. If you start that launcher, it does not have a Help > Register menu entry, because it requires a license for the installed bundle (Editor). You cannot use an Author license (either directly or via license server) with the Oxygen XML Author started from the Oxygen XML Editor bundle.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com