Exact phrase search issue

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
ckabstein

Exact phrase search issue

Post by ckabstein »

Hi,

We found that in the webhelp responsive search field, the search algorithm seems to handle phrases that include slashes (/) differently.

For example, if I search for -- activate/deactivate the xy option -- the result with the highest rating at the top is the correct match, but I find other topics that contain any of the words. This is a correct search result.
If I search for -- "activate/deactivate the xy option" -- which is the exact phrase, I get no result.
If I search for -- "activate deactivate the xy option" -- I get at least one match, but I have to leave out the slash to get it, but this is not the exact phrase.

Working with <oXygen/> XML Editor 19.0, build 2017042020.

Thanks,
Christina
oXygen XML Editor 25.0 build 2023013006
DITA OT 3.7.3
Costin

Re: Exact phrase search issue

Post by Costin »

Hi Christina,

The "/" sign is currently considered as a word separator, helping users to search for just parts of the composed phrases.
However, I have just logged an improvement request in our internal improvement/issues tracking system to implement a fix in order to also consider the slash as part of the searched string.

The workaround is the one you already stumbled upon - using a space instead of "/" in your searches.

This will be analyzed by our development team and we will update this thread when the fix will get implemented.
Thank you for the feedback!

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
ckabstein

Re: Exact phrase search issue

Post by ckabstein »

Thanks, Costin!
oXygen XML Editor 25.0 build 2023013006
DITA OT 3.7.3