DITA CUSTOMIZE PDF

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ESTRADE

DITA CUSTOMIZE PDF

Post by ESTRADE »

Hello,

I want my customizer PDF publications, I saw in the installation of oXygen DITA OT in a <install>\Oxygen XML Editor 14.2\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT directory\plugins\org.dita.pdf2 in which is Customization a directory.
My question is, what is in this directory should I put the modified files, eg front-matter-attr.xsl, and indicate the way in catalog.xml?
Another question, where do I specify the path of the catalog.xml file in oXygen?

Thank you for your help.
sorin_ristache

Re: DITA CUSTOMIZE PDF

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The directory [Oxygen-install-dir]\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\plugins\org.dita.pdf2\Customization is an example of cutomizing the DITA PDF transformation and contains the file structure for any customization. You can create your file in other directory if you want, but you must follow the file structurer of that Customization directory and you must set the path of your customization directory in the parameter called customization.dir of the DITA Map PDF transformation.

You don't specify the path of Customization\catalog.xml in Oxygen, you just need to have a file catalog.xml in that directory. Please follow the instructions from the file README.txt from the Customization directory.

Regards,
Sorin
ESTRADE

Post by ESTRADE »

Hi,

I modify customization.dir of the DITA Map PDF transformation but i don't result
In directory indicate in customization.dir i modify catalog.xml :

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
prefer="system">

<uri name="cfg:/common/vars/en.xml" uri="common/vars/en.xml"/>
In file en.xml in common/vars i modifiy file :

Code: Select all

<variable id="Product Name">XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</variable>

<!-- The footer that appears on odd-numbered pages. -->
<variable id="Body odd footer">
Copyright &#169; 2013 XXXXXXX&#xA0;&#xA0;&#xA0;<param ref-name="pagenum" />
</variable>

thank you
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

We need more details about the problem. I understand that you modified the value of the "Product Name" and "Body odd footer" variables and also the catalog.xml file from the Customization directory. Please post here (by copy and paste from the dialog box for editing the DITA Map PDF transformation) the value of the parameter customization.dir.

Do you get a transformation error? If yes what is the error? If not: where exactly in the PDF pages do you expect the modified product name to appear and what product name is displayed now instead of the expected value (the value XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX which you use currently for testing the customization probably)?

The same for the "Body odd footer" variable: what is displayed now in the footer of your PDF output instead of your custom value?

Regards,
Sorin
ESTRADE

Post by ESTRADE »

HI,
Value of customization.dir :
customization.dir ${frameworksDir}/dita/DITA-OT/plugins/org.dita.pdf2/Customization Specifies the customization directory path.

I want to indicate XXXXXXXXXX on header page and copyright in footer : but in Header XXXXXXXX not exist and footer is empty ?

It is OK, i work with fr-fr also i modify en.xml :-((

A question, In footer if i want indicate text left and pagination right how make ?

Thank you