Viewing XMl Documents with Web Brwosers

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Neduchi

Viewing XMl Documents with Web Brwosers

Post by Neduchi »

I am QUITE NEW to Oxygen, so don't be surprised at how naive my question might sound.

Is it possible to connet oxygen to any web browser (Netscape, IE, Mozilla), such that the xml data can also be automatically viewed with these programs without my having to start the programs EXTRA.

Or must I always SAVE the xml documents, AND THEN open the web browsers to look at the xml data?

Arachnophilia has such a botton where one can chose the webbrowser. Some other xml editors have both internal tree view as well browser view.

Are these views also available in Oxygen?

Looking forward to your answers

Chinedu... :lol:
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Have a look at the "Configure Transformation" dialog. On the "Output" tab you have an option "Open in browser" that becames enabled once you specify a file for the transformation result. If you select that option the transformation result file will be opened with your browser every time you apply the transformation.

Best Regards,
George
mariuss

Re: Viewing XML Documents with Web Brwosers

Post by mariuss »

The "Open in browser" check works, but there is a small issue with it. It always opens IE even though IE is not the default browser on my system.

It should either open the default browser or let you select the browser you want to use.

Marius
Dan

Post by Dan »

Yes, the user should be able to choose the browser. We will add this functionality in the next version.