See white-space characters

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
ladycygnus

See white-space characters

Post by ladycygnus »

adrian wrote:Hello,

@ladycygnus: Note that this topic is from almost 9 years ago. Oxygen v2 was available at that time and that version did not correctly handle encoding errors (illegal characters).
I'm sorry, I was looking for something else entirely and was using the wrong search terms. I was looking for the ability to see white-space characters (but searching for invisible/hidden). I found the following instructions a little bit ago:

The preferences panel is opened from Options > Preferences menu, page Editor > Edit modes > Text.
The following preferences are available:
Show TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF marks - Marks the TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF characters using small icons, for a better visualization of the document. Also set the marks color.

I don't know if this will show regular spaces though.
Costin

Re: See white-space characters

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Oxygen XML allows you to see the "invisible" white-space characters. For that, as you already observed you should go in oXygen menu to Options > Preferences -> Editor > Edit modes > Text. There you should have both "Show TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF marks" and "Show SPACE marks" options checked.

Then, the SPACE characters will be marked with a "." which by default has a gray color. The dot color can still be choosed using the color selection dialog - next to the "Show TAB/NBSP/EOL/EOF mark" option.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support