XML document rendered as Content-Type text/html when POSTed to by Flash app

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
redherring917

XML document rendered as Content-Type text/html when POSTed to by Flash app

Post by redherring917 »

I think the title of this thread sort of tells the story. It's very frustrating. I have a very simple XML file that renders correctly in the browser itself. But, if I specify this same XML file as the url to which my Flash app POSTs, the Flash app returns a page header that includes "Content-Type text/html", and then understandably fails to properly process the page, returning a "HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed" error.

I've really messed around with this for an embarrassingly long time already. It's very bizarre. The MIME type of xml is configured in IIS (as evidenced by the fact that the browser correctly renders the XML file by itself). I can't imagine what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
sorin_ristache

Re: XML document rendered as Content-Type text/html when POSTed to by Flash app

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I understand that you have a Flash application that posts to a server where an XML file is located but the server returns a HTTP 405 error. How can the Oxygen application help you with that?

Regards,
Sorin
adrian

Re: XML document rendered as Content-Type text/html when POSTed to by Flash app

Post by adrian »

Hi,

Please note that while the browser can handle XML and stylize it with a CSS file, XML is not handled the same way as HTML by the browser. obviously the content type is essential.
I'm guessing the content type is controlled by some other means when POSTing from the flash app. Can you specify any parameters other than the url?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com