docx to tei p5

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
ramjill

docx to tei p5

Post by ramjill »

hi,

when i convert docx to tei p5 xml, the next line char(enter) symbols were not converted..

how i can convert docx to tei p5 xml exactly..

please explain me...
sorin_ristache

Re: docx to tei p5

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Please give more details about the problem. How do you try to convert from DOCX to TEI P5 XML? Did you select and copy the content in Microsoft Word and after that paste in Oxygen Author? Did you run an XSLT stylesheet in Oxygen on the XML file with the user content from the DOCX document? Also please give an example of the content as it looks in DOCX and in TEI P5 XML after you tried the conversion.

Regards,
Sorin
ramjill

docx to tei p5

Post by ramjill »

hi,

thanks for your reply.

i have open docx file directly from oxygen editor and then i convert to TEI P5 xml.

i am not using any xslt file and i am not select and copy the content in Microsoft Word and after that paste in Oxygen Author.

i sent the docx and corresponding xml file to support@oxygenxml.com this mail id. please refer it.

can you teach me the steps to convert docx to TEI p5 without changing the format.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

Thank you for the sample files. It is not a transformation error, it is more a suggestion for an improvement of the output of the built-in DOCX TEI P5 transformation which is available for DOCX files. Unfortunately the TEI XSL stylesheets (which are used in all built-in TEI transformations from Oxygen) are maintained by the TEI developers who should be contacted for such improvements on the TEI users mailing list.

Regards,
Sorin
ramjill

Post by ramjill »

So we cannot convert docx to TEI without changing the format using oxygen right?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

The transformation DOCX TEI P5 tries to preserve the content and the format of the DOCX document. Maybe in some cases it is not possible to preserve completely the format of the DOCX document. Can you give some examples of DOCX format that is changed when the TEI P5 document is generated by the transformation?

Thank you,
Sorin