license

Oxygen general issues.
ditatizer

license

Post by ditatizer »

I have two users that need to be able to start XML editor simultaneously. Goal is to eventually connect to a CMS server. I have few questions:
1. I believe that the best aproach would be to purchase XML Editor profesional and floating licenses ( a dedicated server license) that will be installed in the same local network.
Is this good strategy?

2. If we decide to purchase two additional floating licenses in the feature, can they be merge even if they have different names for budgeting reasons (e.g. I purchase two and then my coworker purchase two more)
:D
3. Did not see the main difference between enterprise and professional. Since we are centrilized in one location, I think profesional will do

Many thanks in advance
Radu

Re: license

Post by Radu »

Hi,
1. I believe that the best aproach would be to purchase XML Editor profesional and floating licenses ( a dedicated server license) that will be installed in the same local network.
Is this good strategy?
If you have just two users, you can buy two standard licenses (which are user based). Floating license are good when the number and identity of the users are undetermined and can fluctuate:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/buy_new_licens ... ating.html

2. If we decide to purchase two additional floating licenses in the feature, can they be merge even if they have different names for budgeting reasons (e.g. I purchase two and then my coworker purchase two more)
Yes, if you write us to support at oxygenxml dot com your licenses can be merged for easier management.
3. Did not see the main difference between enterprise and professional. Since we are centrilized in one location, I think profesional will do
The Enterprise version of Oxygen has in addition support for commercial databases like Oracle, MarkLogic and Documentum.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ditatizer

Post by ditatizer »

Many thanks Radu,
Just for my clarification on Q3
You mention that Documentum (CMS) is supported only with Enterprise.
Are you refering to this particular CMS or "any" CMS solution including ixosoft?
Refprasing the question, is professional allows me publish to ixosoft or do I need the enterprise version?

many thanks in advance
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I'm referring specifically to the Documentum support we offer built-in only for the Enterprise version.

There are a number of CMSs (like Ixiasoft) which have integrations with Oxygen but you do not need Oxygen Enterprise licenses (Professional should be enough) for such integrations, they usually give you custom connectors or plugins which install in Oxygen, more information can be obtained from the CMS vendors.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com