Licensing and generating schema documentation

Oxygen general issues.
sanderson

Licensing and generating schema documentation

Post by sanderson »

I'd like to add the schema generation tool to my builds, builds available to everyone in my company, but I do not have a site license for oxygen (I have several individual licenses for members of my team). I noticed in the scripts the Java call depends on oxygen.jar and saxon9ee.jar, both with are licensed files, right?

Can I add this to my scheduled build process or do I need to change my licensing?
adrian

Re: Licensing and generating schema documentation

Post by adrian »

Hello,

The schema generation tool does indeed require an Oxygen license. The regular Oxygen license is named-user so you cannot share it with other people.

1. If you only need to run these builds(e.g. automatic) on a single system/user, then you can simply use a named-user license for that user.

2. However if you want to use the tool in builds/scripts that are available and will be used by multiple people, the best approach would be to use floating licenses.

Floating licenses allow any number of users to install and use Oxygen(and its tools) but only the licensed number of users can run it at the same time. When deciding to purchase the license(s) you should consider how many people are going to run the builds(or use Oxygen) simultaneously.

1. + 2. Do note that if you want to automate the build process, you may not want to use a single floating license for the automated builds and for the users running the builds manually. You may encounter situations where the floating license is already in use by a user and the automated build cannot acquire it. So you should consider using a separate license(named-user for cost effectiveness) for the automatic build.

Please contact us at support@oxygenxml.com if you require further information or clarification.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com