XSLT scenario: how to transform a collection of XML files (i

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
ojeulin

XSLT scenario: how to transform a collection of XML files (i

Post by ojeulin »

When you create a transformation scenario, you can give a "XML URL", and you can use collection(...) to read other files from the file system. Fine.
But, in the transformation scenario, how can you give a collection as the input of the XSLT ?
The reason to do this is that my XSLT is used in a XProc pipeline, and the p:xslt "source" port receives a collection of files (the result of another step). It works, but I had to modify he XSLT to work that way, and now I can't run this XSLT using a scenario.
sorin_ristache

Re: XSLT scenario: how to transform a collection of XML files (i

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We will support XPath type parameters in Oxygen 12.2 which you can test in this preview build of Oxygen. Just modify your XSLT stylesheet to take the collection as a parameter of the XSLT stylesheet instead of the main XML input and select the XPath option of that parameter in the dialog box for editing the XSLT parameters. This is just a minor modification of your XSLT stylesheet for testing it as a standalone transformation, required by extracting the XSLT step from an XProc pipeline context.

Regards,
Sorin