Upgrading to Version 12 in linux

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
sderrick

Upgrading to Version 12 in linux

Post by sderrick »

I'm pretty happy with 11.2, but I'm always a sucker for upgrades!

I installed version 12 in a different folder than 11.2 is sitting in, as insurance. You never know.

Fired up version 12 and it doesn't have any of my laboriously applied version 11.2 preferences nor my collection of xsl transforms? Oxygen doesn't use a .oxygen configuration file or folder in my home directory so I assume its writing that into its installed directory? And the installation while obviously cognizant of the 11.2 installation(it asked me if I wanted to uninstallit) it didn't import the settings.

How do I transfer my settings from version 11.2 to version 12?

Also anybody have any gotchas or praise for version 12?

Scott
sderrick

Re: Upgrading to Version 12 in linux

Post by sderrick »

Hmm.. must a been a reboot issue?

After shutting things down and firing up my pc again I searched around and found the configuration directory. .com.oxygen.. Should have looked harder.

Realized version 12 is supposed to the same stuff version 11 does.

So I fired up Version 12 again and Voila! It was running just like version 11, using the same preferences and all my transforms were listed.

Maybe the installation should say to reboot?

Scott
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Actually, you don't have to reboot. Oxygen imports the options from the previous version for the current user when started for the first time.

I'm guessing you've installed Oxygen as root(with su or sudo) and let the installer run Oxygen when finished. The problem is the installer launches the application within the same user, so Oxygen was also ran as root. Since the options are per user, Oxygen tried to import the ones from the root user.

Thank you for letting us know.
We will remove the 'Run Oxygen' checkbox from the last screen of the installer if is ran as root. This should prevent further confusion.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sderrick

Post by sderrick »

makes sense. Thanks for keeping things up to date..

Great Editor!

Scott