Can't save xml/xsl document in Eclipse

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
benno

Can't save xml/xsl document in Eclipse

Post by benno »

Hello

I have the oxygen plugin (com.oxygenxml.editor_4.0_E2.1.1) installed in Eclipse (Version: 3.0.0). Most of the plugin's functionality works as expected (i.e. wizzards, transformation etc.), however, if I change any xml or xsl (or dtd etc.) files, any attempt to save the changes fails.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Benno
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Benno,

First thing is to get the latest oXygen release, version 4.2. Version 4.0 is two releases old and it was developed against a milestone build of Eclipse 3 because Eclipse 3.0 was not released at that time.

If you still have problems with oXygen 4.2 then look in the error log to see if there is some exception reported and include that information in your reply.

Best Regards,
George
mfernau

Post by mfernau »

Hello!

I've exactly the same problem. I can't edit XML and/or XSL files via eclipse (3.0.1). I've currently installed your newest eclipse-plugin.

I can't find my error-log (where did eclipse save this log to?) but I can see two messages appearing in my console-view:
mfe@murpy ~ $ eclipse
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (ro.sync.exml.a.if).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
This message appears only, if I'm open an XML-File.

Regards,
Martin Fernau

PS: I'm using eclipse on Linux with GTK2 frontend.
mfernau

Post by mfernau »

sorry sorry... I just realized, that I'm download the wrong plugin. Sorry. My mistake!

I try the correct one
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

The warning messages just tell that the log4j logging is disabled, that should be ok.

Best Regards,
George
mfernau

Post by mfernau »

Hi!

Thanks for the response. Your plugin just works great now. Really nic app! Our company intends to acquire a license soon.

Regards,
Martin Fernau